Monday, March 24, 2008

Worth It?

I hate Kitchener stitch. I hate it with a passion.

I know, I don't talk about my knitting much. My subbing stories are way more interesting. But at the moment we're on spring break, so I have no new subbing stories to relate.

I'm working on this hat. I thought that the pattern was cute, but I hated the cable that the pattern called for. That's easy enough to switch out. And then came the dreaded instruction: "join the band in a ring using Kitchener stitch or a favorite invisible seam". AAARRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!

I considered doing something that left a seam. At least then I wouldn't turn into the growling, snarling beast I become when I attempt the evil grafting. But I'm too much of a perfectionist for that.

You'd think that I'd avoid projects that use something I hate as much as Kitchener stitch. But it's like the I-cord--so very useful (yes, I hate I-cords too). And when I finish, it turns out so very nice:


Can you see where the ends join? I didn't think so.

(I'll post a pic when I finish the hat--that is, if it turns out okay.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.