Thursday, March 13, 2008

What Is the Color of Four?

I got sent to cover that middle school band class again. This time I was only there for one period.
It was a group of 7th and 8th graders. They were the ones who could not go on the field trip (I learned this later from their teacher). To go on a field trip, each student must get permission from each one of his/her teachers. Therefore, these kids had reasons for remaining at school.

Of course there were no lesson plans. All that was left was a movie that the kids complained that they did not like and had seen multiple times.

They wanted to play musical chairs.

Normally, I wouldn't even consider this. But the group was small, the room was large, and it would keep them occupied. It only kept them occupied for about twenty minutes.

Then they got into a strange conversation. I only half heard what they were talking about, but my ears perked up when I heard "stupid question contest". (The movie was on at this point.) I inquired further. One kid asked, "What is the color of four?" That ended the "contest".

No one got hurt. The room is intact. Roll was taken. I guess that makes it a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.