Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Two Party System

I guess I should be used to this by now.

Friday I was at the continuation high school. US history class. They had a video on Thomas Jefferson. And in this video they discussed how the two party system got started.

Today I was at a different high school--special ed. social science classes. What was discussed? In government, the beginnings of the two party system and how it evolved. In US history, Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, Woodrow Wilson, and the election of 1912 (and how the divide in the Republican Party led to Wilson's win).

Funny. I sense a theme.

It's a weird sort of synchronicity. It's probably just because every class is in about the same spot, although they weren't, really. I found myself repeating myself in different classes even though we weren't on the same exact topic. And I found that strange.

I get these themes going. Sometimes I hit all 10th grade classes. Sometimes I hit all math classes (different levels, all math). And sometimes I hit similar topics. I wonder what theme I'll hit tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.