Tuesday, March 4, 2008

There's Always One

I was impressed and a little amazed. I had a class of 8th graders working silently on their math worksheet. I don't know how it happens (when I haven't insisted on silence), but when it does, I kind of hold my breath. Because...

"Why did it get so quiet in here?"

There's always one.

At least today she whispered it. Usually it's some boy who has to use his announcing voice to pose the question. And that's when the silence is broken. But today... Ah, today. The class continued to work quietly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.