Thursday, March 27, 2008

A Little Too Much DIY

I was out at Lowe's today (well, I was out and about everywhere, but this incident happened at the Lowe's). I had a list of things to look at, so I won't bore you with those details. What I want to discuss is what happened at check out.

I went to the registers, and there were no cashiers on duty. All that was open were the self check out machines.

I'm not sure why, but those things make me nervous. Perhaps it's too much like the old job. I like having someone there to do the checking out.

I was working my way through the transaction when I noticed a line behind me. There was no one there when I started. That made me even more nervous--I don't know what I'm doing and now people are waiting. I was so happy when I finished up.

Then, as I went to leave, I saw the one cashier on duty. I wished I had seen her earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.