Monday, September 16, 2024

Coming Attractions

Last year, I shot three videos of me making stuff with yarn. I got two of them posted to YouTube this past summer. And also this past summer, I found the time to go through the clips of the third video and pull out the outtakes so my editor* could put the thing together.

My editor* got the thing finished up just as school started back up...

Well, I finally watched the thing, and it's an hour and fifteen minutes long. !!! Yikes. I do blather on. 

Anyway, as soon as my editor* adds a title, I'll be ready to post it. So, hopefully soon. 

What did I make on camera? It's a pattern I created a while ago (we're talking about a decade ago):


I blogged about it when I made the video. And I have several posts about the original design. This one is sized to hold a cell phone, but I've made them large enough to hold a tablet. 

Here's a link to my YouTube channel. I only have four videos on there now. I blogged about the videos when I uploaded them: 

Notice how all of those are crocheted. This tells me I should probably do some more knitting videos. I just need to figure out what.

*My editor is my brother, who is doing the editing as a birthday/Christmas gift to me. 

12 comments:

  1. I forgot about those! Handy to have, especially for a tablet on your lap (although I don't have a tablet, so I don't know if that's true!) . The editing is a nice gift. It's not only time consuming, it can be costly. My son does it now and again for a local business to use on YouTube.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've played with some editing software, and... My editor is a professional, so it's nice he's willing to trade. (His work has been seen on TV.)

      Delete
  2. Nice to have an editor. Editing is so painstaking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can attest to how well made those are. My mom still has the one I bought for her, and it's still in great shape.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a cool design. It's great that you have an editor to help with your videos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Considering how long some of those things take to make, over an hour isn't bad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have had thoughts of making the holder for the water bottle but there is the temperature afghan. I am starting to feel the crocheting call again, even if our weather is still summerlike. You are fortunate to having someone in your life who has that ability and is gifting it to you. I would never have the patience to either make a video or edit it (not that I don't even know how, so there's that.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to know where to begin with editing videos.

      Delete
  7. This is Birgit, I was wondering about your creation just the other day. Glad to see this here, again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just taking a looooong time to get things done lately.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.