Monday, October 10, 2022

Back to the Calash

It's been a couple weeks since I did a Monday yarn-y post. I've had nothing to write about. 

If you read my posts last week, you know I've been a bit fried when I get home. I haven't been in much of a mood to do the starting of a project. (Starting a project is different than working a project. I have to find patterns, decide on yarns, find needles/hooks, and cast on. It takes a certain type of mental energy that I just don't have at the moment.) 

And as I don't really have too much going at the moment, I haven't been doing a lot of knitting. 

But on the couple days I pulled out the yarn, I went back to working on the Calash. It looks like the last time I picked up this hood/scarf, it was June

But here's where I'm at:

I haven't sewn up the hood part yet, but it's now long enough that you can see how it's ultimately going to look.

At this rate, I might just get this done sooner rather than later. 

Today is actually a school holiday, so I might have the mental energy to start something new. Or, I might park myself in front of the TV and watch movies all day. As the movies thing sounds really enticing, I won't promise new projects for next week.

18 comments:

  1. I do love those colors. It's coming out so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's looking good. Enjoy your bonus day off. Hope you're relaxing with the movies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like an interesting work in progress.... I hope you got to watch some good movies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, picking up the needles counts as doing something! You gotta listen to your energy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing wrong with a little crashing and TV watching. The projects will wait. Speaking of projects, I was intrigued by a discussion I had with a quilter at a Pennsylvania state park yesterday. She showed me a temperature quilt and said people crochet these blankets, too. It's an intriguing concept - you choose colors representing various temperature ranges, download temperature data for your area for a year, and crochet a row for each week (or even day) in the color of its temperature. It sounds like a lot of research but, for my four season area, it would be pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I'm aware of these. It comes out in interesting stripes or however the person sets up the pattern.

      Delete
  6. We have something in common: I'm writing about gravity! Lovely background on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The background is from my seven (and a half) year cardi.

      Delete
  7. I like how it’s developed. You’ll look pretty cool sporting it with hood on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks great! You know I love the colour combo. So...what movies did you watch?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.