Monday, October 17, 2022

Necessary Repairs

The other day, I was walking out of the grocery store when I noticed that my keychain suddenly felt a bit light. I had lost my crocheted flip flop.

I immediately turned around and found it on the pavement. 

About four years ago, I got a little obsessed with making these flip flop keychains. They're fun. I made one for myself, and I sold a few in my shop. (I still have some available if anyone is interested.) 

It took four years for mine to wear out. Not bad.

And, really, that wasn't going to be a hard thing to fix. So, I did.

I think it took me longer to find materials and figure out what I wanted to do than making the actual repairs. 

Although, just from normal wear, it might be time to make another. I still have the original yarn/thread. But first I'll have to locate where I stashed the pattern. 

For now, I have my keychain back.

17 comments:

  1. It's adorable! I hate when a keychain I'm used to wears out and isn't fixable. We do get used to them! Nice you can walk to the grocery store. My car has been in the shop since Friday (not a lot wrong, just happened to take it in on a Friday, and they're closed over the weekend), so if I need to I have to take the bus. They charge $6 for a day pass on the app, when cash is $2 and includes a transfer (or return trip) within an hour and a half. Actually, "I" don't take the bus, my son does it for me! I guess I'm a spoiled suburbanite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I can't walk to the store. I was walking to my car.

      Delete
  2. I remember that phase! The keychain lasted a good length of time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm rather impressed at how it held up.

      Delete
  4. Oh well done ... so pleased you found it easily ... and now safely repaired for the time being - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute little flip flop! Crochet is great for repair, easy to do ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’m glad you found it and fixed it. It looks fun and cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I was really glad I didn't lose it forever.

      Delete
  7. That's so cute! Good thing you found it and were able to fix it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I would have been so heartbroken if I had lost it.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.