Wednesday, July 20, 2022

The Offer

I am still on summer blogging schedule even though I was called to take on another class. I turned it down. (I am taking some time off. If next school year is anything like this past one, I'm really going to need to rest up.) Which means it's again time for me to recommend something to watch. 

I have never seen The Godfather. I was too young when it came out, and I just haven't gotten around to it since. Maybe someday.

But that didn't make me any less interested in The Offer

It just looked interesting. So, I dove in.

The Offer is the true story of the making of The Godfather. And really, I had no idea. 

We're talking the mafia. They did not want this movie made. 

Plus, I had no idea what a producer actually does. I'm sure this limited series only scratched the surface, but all the stuff that Al Ruddy had to deal with just in the plot of the show makes me appreciate producers so much more. It's a lot. Really. 

I primarily subscribed to Paramount Plus for Star Trek: Discovery and The Good Fight. I had planned to cancel the subscription once I was caught up on everything. Now I'm glad that I kept it around for a bit.

Check out the trailer:

I finished this one a couple months back. Sigh. That's the thing I don't like about streaming things. You find something. You finish it. And then you're stuck looking for something else to watch.

Any recommendations? 

12 comments:

  1. Once again, no recommendations. I saw The Godfather with my then boyfriend (now my husband of 48 years) in a movie theater in the Bronx (New York City) when we were college students. What a movie it was. We ended up seeing all three of the movies. I'd love to do it again, one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd probably appreciate The Offer, then. It's a fascinating look.

      Delete
  2. I been watching hand maiden tale's
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you do need a much needed break. Take it, and enjoy it. Do something fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not watched anything I feel can be recommended to anyone. The God father is a great movie. Very relatable growing up in a large Italian family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm having that same issue thinking about next week's post. Sigh.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Really? Well, then I don't feel so bad not having seen it.

      Delete
  6. I watched an actual documentary on the making of this film and a bit scary. There is a reason why you never hear the word "Mafia" in the film. Brando was a nut case and it was chaos. I would like to watch this movie. I would try " The Orville" which I think, I excellent

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All in this show. They show a scene where Ruddy is talking to the mafia guy, and he straight up asks for not using the word. And then Ruddy calls up Coppola and asks if the word is used.

      Oh, and the scenes with Brando. They show the dinner where the cast all acts like their characters. Totally, you should see this. You would love it.

      I am watching The Orville. Thanks for the rec.

      Delete
  7. I've never watched The Godfather either. Do you get The Great British Sewing Bee? It's on BritBox here in Australia. I'm really enjoying it, although it makes me wish I could get my sewing machine out (just no where for me to sew in the house).

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.