Monday, July 4, 2022

The Mess

The current state of my "knitting box":

This is the spot where I store all my works in progress. If I take out the Calash scarf:

...it's still an awful mess.

This is one of the reasons why I'm not doing much yarn-wise lately. I think my first order of business is to clean out the box. 

I still have balls of yarn from projects that have been completed. Anything I may be starting is buried under yarn I'm not using. And I'm not sure what's in there anymore. 

Perhaps once I unbury myself, I'll be more in the mood to actually figure out projects and do something. But unburying is a project. This will be my goal for the coming week.

15 comments:

  1. Looks like an easy goal to reach, that box isn’t really messy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are lots of little balls of yarn that need to find a home not in the currently-in-progress box. None of that is currently in progress, hence the mess.

      Delete
  2. You don't want to see my yarn stash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's not the stash. The stash exists in four huge plastic totes. That's the currently-in-progress box.

      Delete
  3. I'm sure it will all work out.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doesn't look bad at all. You should see my "junk" drawer! Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, but this isn't a junk drawer. This is the spot where I can grab the thing I need. I can't do that now. Everything is buried.

      Delete
  5. Oh my...my room would drive you right round the bend. I am still waiting to see the mess...lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have pulled the whole box apart for the photo. It looks deceptively calm there. It's not. So much is buried that I can't even begin to know what's in there.

      Delete
  6. I agree with most of the others: Doesn't look like a mess to me, but I know "mess" is a relative term. I can't begin something new with a mess, either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to convey in a photo. It's a mess.

      Delete
  7. It doesn't look nearly as messy as my sewing book. Good luck cleaning it out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks. I don't plan on tackling the whole stash, though. Just the in progress box.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.