Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Annoyed


At the heart of much speculative fiction (and fiction in general) is a question. What if? On Tuesdays I like to throw one out there and see what you make of it. Do with it as you please. If a for-instance is not specified, feel free to interpret that instance as you wish. And if you find this becomes a novel-length answer, I'd appreciate a thank you in the acknowledgements. ðŸ˜‰

Is it just me, or has everyone noticed a slow down of comments posting to Blogger? I thought it was just me, and then I was on a different computer at a different location where the same thing happened. Now I'm wondering...

What if computer glitches are happening as a way to check security? That is, what if the annoying slow downs are to check that the person posting is really human (and not some bot that wouldn't noticing spam not posting)? 

16 comments:

  1. Wow, oh WOW! I noticed that posting comments on Blogger were really slow this afternoon. I figured it was just my computer then I read this. You may be on to something. Let's see if THIS comment takes a while. BRB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It might be the Blogger bots checking.
    It only happens with embedded comment boxes though. Pop up ones and those requiring blog owner approval aren't affected.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yours is the only site that I wasn't slowed down!

      Delete
  3. I have noticed and it’s driving me nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought it was just me. Kinda weird.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've noticed, but thought it might be just me. Glad I'm not the only one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've noticed, too. Thanks for the mention. I've gotten around it by opening another tab and reading something while I wait. Heh... Security is a thought...

    And oh, I adored "Oh, God" the movie! Don't much remember it now but George Burns was great. Back in the day the middle of my three older brothers gasped out the title on a marquee as Mom drove us past. He was (and is!) always trying to cause a stir. I love that clown now that his wife bears the brunt. Hahahaha... Thanks for invoking that memory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I came up with another explanation that I'm going to use next week...

      I've been opening other tabs as well. It's harder when I'm replying to comments, though.

      Delete
  7. I'd like to know who's checking if I'm really human :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha.....I am a robot. Had you fooled all this time!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.