Monday, September 26, 2011

Imago of a Professional Crafter

It's time for the Second Campaigner Challenge. Here's my entry:

You know I have an online shop, right? I try not to add to the miasma of constant marketing that permeates our lives, but it’s been a while since I mentioned Zizi Rho Designs, so here I go again. (I’ll pause while you oscitate. I promise to be brief.)

I’ve always loved to go to craft fairs. I never thought I could do what they do. But a weird synchronicity has occurred with the Internet and the crafting community. It’s now so much easier to start a business selling your own wares to a wider audience.  

At the moment, I’m making ereader cozies. I think they’re fun. They keep the ereaders safe while you’re toting them around. Also, if you happen to find a lacuna in your current read, it’s better to throw the cozy across the room rather than risk damaging the electronic equipment (or break any mirrors you might hit).


 

(If you’d like one, I have a few for sale. I’ll make one custom if you want a different color or pattern.)  

I like having an online shop. I can make what I want, and I can find people that appreciate what I make.   


If you liked my entry, it's #120.

19 comments:

  1. What an original idea, and the words fit it really well! Good job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great take on this challenge. I admire the multitasking! Mine is #29

    ReplyDelete
  3. "the miasma of constant marketing that permeates our lives"

    You're not lying about that!

    Such a unique take on the challenge. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! Pitching your entry and your craft at the same time. Nice job! P.S. (I am a knitter, too!) Your work is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a really original way to execute the challenge. I also love the e-reader cozy idea. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very entrepreneurish of you to include the words in a sales pitch! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your idea is quite ... cozy (sorry, couldn't resist). That was a fun read. Very different from what I've seen so far.

    Great job, Liz! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great idea. I don't have any women in my life that might like something you make or I'd buy something. My friend Meg likes to make everything herself. And my friend Tomeka likes gadgets...high-end electronics, and games.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this. Great job. I like the cozy, too. I don't have an ereader yet, (I use the Kindle app on my phone)but when I get one, I'll be stopping by your shop. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I could use a cozy like that. LOL Good job, using the words and talking about your product all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Way to put the challenge to great purpose. Great job with the word usage. I'm a new follower from the campaign. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks all for the kind words. I'll be making the rounds to read all of your entries.

    ReplyDelete
  13. David was right. This is an ingenious way to knit together two projects. The only one of its kind, as far as I've read. And not a hitch in your stitching those tangled words together. I'm number 52. Don't forget to enter my chocolate contest. Nobody sees that tab unless you go through the link on twitter without all the extra stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  14. As someone who's worked on commercials - well done. Miasma indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the way you wrote this! It's very different from all the fiction and other blog posts I've come across. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love it! Excellent entry, great use of the words, and an e-reader cozy...brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous! I have huge knitting-envy... I can just about manage squares :) Love the ereader cozy and love the post!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful job and great looking e-reader cozy. :) I'm still stuck on holding a book in my hands so I won't be needing one yet...but perhaps someday. :)

    #189

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.