Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Cozy Redesign

Sometimes I can't leave well enough alone.

It all started when I got a nook for Christmas. It needed a cover, and being the knitter that I am, I had to make it one.

nook cozy on side

But as I used it, I found that it needed something to keep it from sliding off when I carried it around with me. So, I made a slight modification.







It was the best I could do under the circumstances. That is, it was the best I could do without starting over.

It has bugged me for several months now. The only way to give it a proper closure was to start over. Because of the way I put the thing together, I had to start with the flap. It wasn't something I could add on later.

Last month, I finally got around to revamping my pattern, and I kind of like how the thing turned out...






And I just finished (as in last night) a replacement for the one I made for my own nook...

New Nook Cozy

Which means that I am yet again between projects. Oh no.

What color cozy should I knit next? It's time to head to the yarn store, but I'm out of ideas. Help!

4 comments:

  1. I love the Celtic Knots on those. Way to go Liz. Not only good but what I would consider professional grade. To clarify, if you had said, "I bought these in the store" I would have believed you.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.