Monday, August 15, 2011

Drooling

I want this:

Budapest Nights

More specifically, I want to make this.

It's crocheted. I'm more of a knitter, but I think I can do this. I might even be tempted to buy the book (Crochet It. Love It. Wear It!) just for this pattern.

But I don't think I ever will make this.

It's not the length. It's not the sheer size of the project. Once I've finished it, I doubt I'll ever wear it (and I'll end up gifting it to my sister-in-law). See, I'm never cold enough to warrant such an item in my wardrobe.

But I can still dream about it.

2 comments:

  1. Black and red is such a beautiful color combination. Plus the woman in the picture has a rockin' body so she really can look good wearing it. A fat woman wouldn't look nearly as good (as with most clothes).

    I don't know how to crochet...this looks like a difficult and huge project as you've said. However, you definitely have the super crafty gene in you as I've seen some of your stuff you've posted here. I believe you could do this and would like to see it myself. However...yeah...it looks hard. How much was it? I'm guessing $400?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool. Its sheer scale reminds me of my brother-in-law's Matrix jacket. Yes, he really did get a jacket made modelled on the one Neo wears in the Matrix...

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.