Monday, January 9, 2023

After the Covid Pause

The last time I talked about the Calash scarf, I said I was so close to finished that by the next Monday, it would be finished. Of course that jinxed it, and I came down with the dread plague. Sigh.

I'm not sure if I got the "mild Covid" or all of my shots did the trick or if it was a combination of the two. I felt like I had a cold. Sore throat to start. That gave way to a stuffy and drippy nose. 

I rested. I watched TV. I read blogs. I didn't go anywhere. 

And on Thursday the 5th I tested negative for Covid. Yay!

That evening, I pulled out the Calash scarf and knit the last little bit. 

On Friday, I ripped out what I had done and redid the last couple rows. A couple times. And then I sewed up the back of the hood and finished the thing. 

Now it's all done. Yay!

Winter break is now over. This week's posts will recount the last week before the break. And next week's will be about this week, assuming that I work. We'll see. As of the writing of this, I have nothing scheduled. (And every time I say out loud, "Maybe won't get called and I'll get a couple days off," the days magically get filled.)

What am I going to knit next?

18 comments:

  1. Greetings from Costa Rica! Cute hat scarf! I am so glad to leave the winter gear at home. Minnesota was so cold in December. Now, I'm toasty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a very successful week! The calash looks so cute on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you had a mild case of COVID and were able to finish your scarf. It looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Current stuff is very mild but rather vaccine-resistant, so could've been either. But mild is always good!
    Scarf is a really nice color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I got the updated vax in hopes of missing the latest round. Alas...

      Delete
  5. Great scarf! Love the colors. Vaccines, sigh. We have had 3 vaccines, and yet had a mild case of Covid. And then we had a 4th vac. We should be well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear you had "the mild version" too.

      Delete
  6. Glad to see the scarf is done. It looks nice! I am sure the vaccines have played their part in keeping the infection mild.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's beautiful.

    One forced vaccine and so far we've avoided the plague.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it. Like I said before, love those colors together. Nicely done! Last yr at this time I was trying to do a lot of crocheting and I did. I was able to give away three afghans for Christmas. I still have one I made, just to make that I did not give away. I have several scarves that are still in my stash if I need a gift. Also, a couple of pot holders. Nice having things put back for gifts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, having a gifting stash is a great idea.

      Delete
  9. The big hoodie scarf looks great and I'm glad you are feeling better. Are you getting hit with the flooding at all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not near any rivers nor am I low-lying, but I'm sure the streets have been a mess. (I haven't been out.) The puddles are everywhere, and traffic is treacherous.

      Delete
  10. Hi Liz - glad the covid is easing ... while the Calash scarf looks delightful ... clever lady ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  11. The scar looks fantastic!
    So glad you had a mild case of COVID.
    Hope COVID will be eradicated someday.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.