Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Mistaken Assumption


At the heart of much speculative fiction (and fiction in general) is a question. What if? On Tuesdays I like to throw one out there and see what you make of it. Do with it as you please. If a for-instance is not specified, feel free to interpret that instance as you wish. And if you find this becomes a novel-length answer, I'd appreciate a thank you in the acknowledgements.
😉

Are you sure? 

What if what you believed turned out to be wrong? What if the "lies" of the other side turned out to be the absolute truth?

12 comments:

  1. Well I suppose nothing would happen but that would totally suck lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we are living this right now lol and like Alex said it would suck!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd turn off the TV, learn to knit, and stick to my knitting come hell or high water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, but one needs the distraction of the TV while knitting.

      Delete
  4. It would suck (to put it mildly) because we are already in such grave danger. Shudder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess we can't always be right and I think it would be quite embarrassing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh pride....I would have to gulp it down and state I was in the wrong

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.