Friday, June 26, 2020

How Many Disney Movies Have You Seen?



I keep a few lists on my computer. They're kind of a contingency plan for the blog. There are times when I have a lot going on, like during the school year. If I run across something, like a quiz, that I like, I'll save it to the list. 

Most of the quizzes on the list are from Sporcle, so as I was staying away from those quizzes, I didn't really peruse the list. Until last week. And that's when I found a quiz buried at the end of the list that led to this week's "quiz". It's more of a list, really. But it's perfect for a Friday. 

How Many Disney Movies Have You Seen?


I've seen 31% (171 of 564). I think. 

Some of those movies look awfully familiar, but I can't be sure if I've seen them or not. Did I see that as a small child? If I have a pretty good idea of the plot, I figured I'd seen it. But there were a couple that might have been seen that I didn't recall enough to definitely say I'd seen it. 

And, a bunch of the more recent ones looked familiar just because I'd seen them advertised. I know a couple of them I only saw because I showed them to various classes. Then some were of the "did I see this or not?" variety. (Plus two of them are currently sitting on my DVR, waiting to be watched. I did not count those.)

I figure the false positives and false negatives probably cancel each other out. 

This may take you a bit of time, so I totally get it if you wish to skip this. But if you do try it out, I'm curious as to how many you've seen.

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'm really curious as to how many you've seen. Considering that your daughters were of the right age for the '00s, you've probably seen many of those. And the early ones you probably saw as a kid.

      Delete
  2. I've only seen 7%, 37/546, but I'm still surprised that it's that many. The most recent one I've seen is from 2006!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw 92-17%, I knew I would have seen less than you. I knew I didn’t see many of the animated films. I forgot that Kurt Russell was known as the Disney Star back in the day so when he played the sniper killer on top of that tower it was a real eye opener along with his version of Elvis. I am also sad to see how much sclock they have put out in the last 25 years

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of the schlock was Disney Channel originals. Some of them were cute, though :)

      Delete
  4. I know that I have seen lesser only . Would like to see more

    ReplyDelete
  5. 59 of 546 · 11%; I find this hard to believe with raising 2 kids and I thought we saw a lot of movies. Must have been not Disney ones though.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  6. 94 of 546, 17%, I loved Big Heroe 6, Narnia, and some I didn't noticed it what a Dysney movie ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. 124 of 546 -- 23%! Not bad. A lot of the old ones were from my childhood, and then a lot of the 90s and 2000s were from my kids' growing up years, when, of course, I watched right alongside them! I'd forgotten some of these were Disney movies. And seriously, Brink is a favorite in our family. Most people have never heard of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, some of them weren't obviously Disney.

      Delete
  8. I went into this WAY overconfident.
    I've seen 184 or 34%
    I've not seen any of the old live action stuff, or the recent stuff that's made for TV so I don't feel too terrible for having missed them. Many are available on Disney+ but I recognized a few titles as ones that have remained permanently in the vault for racism!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many of the older live action stuff is kind of fun. Song of the South... Yeah, those ones can stay in the vault.

      Delete
  9. Oh, I recall when Disney movies were original and good. ~sigh~ I enjoyed the early Kurt Russell movies, some made before I was born. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Verify few ... ! But they are fun - and I know people love them ... take care Hilary

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.