Wednesday, July 3, 2019

In the Dark


It's Wednesday, and it's summer, so it's time for my "Under the Radar TV Show". This is a show that you probably have not heard about. If you're looking for something to watch, here's a show you might consider.

Endings are important.

There are myriad movies that I thought were okay as I was watching them, but then the ending hit, and I lost all respect for them. In fact, many of them I hate to this day based solely on those endings.

But, an ending can make something that was so-so totally worth the time.

That's what happened with In the Dark.

Murphy is blind. She also is cranky all the time. This is what almost turned me off the show initially. How many times have we seen a person with a disability act like a jerk in a story? It's practically a cliche.

In the Dark began when a bunch of other shows I watch were ending. I had an opening in my schedule. And it wasn't terrible.

So, anyway, Murphy is blind. And she's not happy about it. She has a best friend named Tyson, only he was just murdered. She thinks.

Murphy found Tyson in the alley where they always meet to hang out and talk. He felt dead to her. She went to the cops. When they returned to where she was, there was no body.

Murphy is bound and determined to find out who killed Tyson. And to find his body. She has some help from her other best friend/roommate. Drugs and drug dealers are involved. Murphy drinks too much, smokes too much, and is pretty awful to just about everybody. But she bulldozes those around her into helping her.


Season 1 was 13 episodes long. (I have no idea if there'll be a season 2.) And we did find out who killed Tyson and why. And...

I like to think of myself as intelligent, but I did not see that ending coming. Not at all. In fact, when the show revealed who did it, my jaw hit the floor.

And it was then that I knew I was going to blog about it.

You may see that ending coming. I don't claim to be an ending expert. But the show works. And if you have some time, you might want to check this one out.

It was on the CW. It is still available on the CW's app. And according to some random article I saw on Facebook (so take that for what it's worth), it's due to hit Netflix on Friday. As in the day after tomorrow. So, just in case you were wondering what you could watch this weekend...

Bonus: Murphy has a guide dog named Pretzel. (Just sayin'...)

Have you seen In the Dark? Does it sound interesting to you if you haven't seen it? (If you have seen it, did you see that ending coming?)

19 comments:

  1. Ok I want to see this..no pun intended. It looks quite good and intelligent plus, I think the dog did it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard of this show, but you're right. I haven't seen it. I'm now curious to check out this amazing ending, though, because so many shows do bungle them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to see it; I haven't seen anything interesting no Netflix in a while but this has sparked my interest. And now that you gave a little hint of this and that I'll be watching to see if I can figure out who the killer might be before the final revealing of it.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen the first couple of episodes, but my plate is so full I wasn't able to keep up. If it does hit Netflix, my husband and I will probably binge watch it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I saw from two different sources it'll be on Netflix starting the 5th.

      Delete
  5. That's great that the ending was a big payoff. Sometimes we have to stick it out and hope it is. NetFlix this weekend? I might watch an episode.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That does sound really good. I'm glad it's coming out on Netflix. I'll have to watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds good. Now if only I had time for TV.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have not heard of this show. Unexpected endings usually work for me, so I might check this one out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will tell my husband to look for it on Netflix.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd not heard of this, so thank you for sharing. It sounds a bit interesting, I must admit. Be well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is. Just get through the first couple episodes.

      Delete
  11. Never heard of this show. Course I am bad about continuing to watch my fave shows and not venturing out for others. Makes me wonder sometimes why i have so many with cable. HAHA....actually, I was going to do Hulu and have my Direct cut off but this is the last season for Supernatural and Hulu does not show it....SO since I have followed this show for 14 yrs not, I can't have my Direct cut off yet! I will after that show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you could still go antenna, or the CW is really good with their app, but I understand. You kind of have to prepare yourself to cut the cord. (When you do, though, you'll wonder why you didn't do it earlier.)

      Delete
  12. Sounds interesting! I'll add it to my list thank you!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.