Wednesday, July 10, 2019

American Princess


It's Wednesday, and it's summer, so it's time for my "Under the Radar TV Show". This is a show that you probably have not heard about. If you're looking for something to watch, here's a show you might consider.

I don't watch Lifetime much. The last show they enticed me into watching was You. (Totally creepy. I don't know if I'd recommend it.) But when I read a short piece on American Princess, I figured, why not?

American Princess follows Amanda. It starts on her wedding day. She's gone full bridezilla. And then she catches her fiance... Well... I won't say what she catches him doing as I'm trying to be all PG here.

Upset, she wanders into a Renaissance faire.

And she stays.

The Renaissance faire she ends up at is filled with all sorts of quirky characters. It's totally something you've seen before. (Warning: links to TV Tropes. Beware of rabbit holes...) We've got a New York character ending up in the sticks. The faire is populated by eccentric townsfolk. There, she experiences a very light humbling.

Nothing here is new. How it's done is where the fun is. And that's the point. It is fun.


Because, don't we all need a little fun?

The show had its finale on Sunday. (Sorry. I probably should have recommended it sooner.) It looks like right now you can see it via Amazon. If they do what they did with You, it may end up on Netflix sometime soon. And it may still be available OnDemand from Lifetime.

Have you seen American Princess? (Did you see You?) What's a good show on Netflix that I should check out? (Seriously, I have no idea what to watch now that I've caught up on Longmire.)

16 comments:

  1. I watched the trailer; looks cute! I'll have to look for it on Amazon. I haven't seen it obviously and I'm still kind of not watching anything on Netflix because I've been busy with other things so nothing to recommend there.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I haven't see either.
    Shall see the trailer and check it out on Amazon.
    Streaming sites have really changed the way we watch movies and shows.
    Whatever your taste, there are plenty to choose from on Amazon and more so on Netflix. I am currently watching The Crown on Netflix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, streaming has changed things. I can recommend a broadcast show and not worry that no one can see it.

      Delete
  3. Ha, TV Tropes. No one's going to leave there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. American Princess sounds like my kind of story. I'll check it out, thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How could they take Longmire away from us?

    Right now we are binging on Elementary. Love Jonny Lee Miller. American Princess, hmmm. That sounds like a maybe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, to be fair, Longmire had a decent finale. It felt like it finished.

      I'll always remember Jonny Lee Miller in Emma. I think it was a BBC production; I saw it on PBS several years back. I'm caught up with Elementary at the moment (well, until the new one airs tonight ;).

      Delete
  6. I thought it was a reality show so I never even looked at it...now I want to see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the title sucks. But not a reality show.

      Delete
  7. Okay. I have to find this show streaming somewhere... Maybe Hulu. It does look fun. :D - Also. We always called Lifetime the wife beater channel because that's all those movies were about. Lol.. I'm going in search of this show!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, the movies can be atrocious. During the finale there was an ad for something where her doctor was her stalker... :-O

      Delete
  8. This sounds fun! I'm always stymied as to whether I'll be able to find the show here, though, because even if it's on Amazon, accessing Amazon in Vietnam means some shows that are free in the US charge here. And some just plain aren't available. Same with Netflix (not the charge, just whether or not it's "available in your country.") I love being an expat.

    One show I caught here that might be location reliant, was "Delhi Crime". Only one season, a crime drama based in New Delhi, obvs. SO amazing. Really riveting. And a bit gut-wrenching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, I'll keep a look out. I do wonder what is available outside the US. I did hear that you all can get CBS All Access stuff on Netflix or the like (although, that might only be Europe and Canada). If you can: The Good Fight. I'm almost ready to spring for it for that show.

      Delete
  9. We did watch You... that was the one with the creepy bookstore guy, wasn't it? We like creepy. American Princess looks fun. I do recommend Good Omens on Amazon, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  10. American Princess isn't available to watch on anything here. I did watch God Friended Me (which you recommended) as it was shown on TV (which means free to air in Oz).

    I've just watched Schitt's Creek which I really enjoyed (I think there is going to be one more series). And have now moved onto a lot of Scandinavian noir.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.