I'm not sure when I started this purse. But it's been a couple months. At least. I probably started it in March.
I knit my purses. It's a thing. I like them a certain way. I like them to be not too large. I like them to hang across my body. And the best way to ensure I get the fit I want is to make it myself.
I saw this thing on TV about cables. The idea was to knit the cables in one yarn and the background in another. It makes the cables pop. I tried it, but then I remembered that I hate doing color work. After I got about one pattern repeat in. So, that got ripped out.
Then I started again, this time just using the variegated yarn. I made it as long as I thought I needed. It ended up being too long. And too narrow. So, I set that aside and started over.
Finally, I got it about the right size, figured out how to make side panels, and I lined the thing. ("Lining the thing" took me a couple weeks of stitching the lining in the purse.) Then I spent a week crocheting the strap. It was all put together, and I was ready to use it.
I went to the grocery store...
And discovered that the strap was too long. It reached to just slightly below my butt. I prefer it to hit me at my hip. So, I had to take it apart and unravel some of the strap (just one side of the purse--a minor alteration).
It seems to be the right length now. The size seems right. I'll have to use it a bit before I can be certain, but so far so good.
Now I just need to figure out what to do with the too long too narrow piece that is still hanging around...