Monday, February 10, 2014

The Famous Pencil Pouch

It's that time of year again. CAHSEE time!

We had gotten all the kiddos checked in, and the assistant principal in charge of the testing was giving the usual instructions. I was doing one of my circuits around the gym, through the tables, making sure the students were all clear on what identifying information they needed to fill out (name at top, version number of test).

Along with six subs, all the counselors and a couple teachers were in the gym. While doing our individual circuits, our paths crossed.

At one point, my path crossed the principal's. (I guess he was checking on the proceedings.)

"Where's your pencil pouch?" he asked.

"In my bag. I'll get it out once they get started," was my reply.

Yeah, even the principal knows about my pencil pouch...


3 comments:

  1. Your reputation precedes you. That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unique way to make a name for yourself.

    Lee
    Wrote By Rote
    An A to Z Co-host blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pencil pouch, the mark of the truly prepared sub :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.