Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Teenage Wishes Part 1

I used to have a MySpace account.  I started my blog there.  But after I had a few too many technical difficulties, I moved the blog here.  I have since closed the MySpace account.  I hate to lose all of my blogs from that time, so from time to time I repost them here.  

I thought I'd continue on the theme of students' writings. In this case, well, it's all explained in the actual post. This one was originally posted on February 21, 2007.


Today I was at the continuation high school. It was one of those keep-them-busy days. I found this questionnaire: "The Wishes You'd Like to Come True". It had some interesting questions, and they came up with some interesting answers.

In the interests of space, I'm going to break this down into several parts. All answers are as they wrote them. I only edited for clarity. Today's question:

"The famous person I'd like to be, and why."

Some answers:

"I wouldn't want to be a famous person because there business is always on the news. They have no privacy."

"Hugh Heffner, because I want to have a lot of money and own Playboy."

"No, I'm good. Famous people have to much drama going on."

"None, because I don't want to get shot at if people are haters."

"Chuck Norris. He's kool and a when he does push ups he's not pushing himself up he's pushing the world down."

"Singer, cause I got vocals."

"No one. I'd rather be myself."

On the one hand, I'm happy to see that so many of them realize that fame has a high price to pay. But then again, it was a hypothetical. Interesting.

2 comments:

  1. "I wouldn't want to be a famous person because there business is always on the news. They have no privacy."

    Arnold Schwartzeneger probably feels like that today too.

    What's with the Chuck Norris love? I've hear the Bieber loves him too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, if the Bieb loves Chuck Norris then I love Chuck Norris...

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.