Saturday, July 31, 2010

No July 31st?

I don't know why these things come up, but as this was rather timely, I thought I'd share.

On Monday, I went over to help my 9-year-old niece clean out her closet.  As she did the work, I blathered on about random things.

I told her about the time when I was a child that I was paranoid about July having 31 days.  My child brain reasoned that since February sometimes has a 29th, then perhaps other months could lose their last day.  My niece thought that this logic was crazy, and she said so.

Of course, I was assured by my parents that July would always have 31 days.  And now I see the craziness of the thought.  (I was a small child.  I had many crazy worries.)  I hadn't thought of this for years.

Nothing quite like trying to entertain a child to bring out such strange memories.

Happy Birthday to me.

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday! I'm glad nobody has taken your special day away.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.