Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A Cozy for a Cell Phone

Last week I talked about my bottle cozies.  There's another type of cozy that I knit that no one else seems to get.

cell phone cozies

I got the idea at school one day.  It was my lunch, and I was walking up through the school to the restroom.  I glanced into rooms with open doors as I passed.  (Doesn't everybody?)

In one class, I saw an instructional assistant standing.  She was adjusting her cell phone.  She had it folded over her lanyard, but it was very awkward, because the cell phone didn't stay latched shut.  The lanyard prevented the cell phone from closing completely, so it kept slipping.  She'd catch it before it fell and then she'd try to put it back over her lanyard.

I was by the room in a couple seconds, but an idea was born.

Using those clips that they use to secure ID badges, a cell phone cover could clip onto a lanyard.  Or a belt.  Or a shirt.

I made one for myself.  I use it all the time.

my cell phone case

And then it occurred to me that the same concept would work for mp3 players.

mp3 player cozy

I made them for my shop as well.

Perhaps I have too much time on my hands.  Perhaps I need to spend a little more time knitting sweaters or scarves or such.  I don't know.  But I think these are cute, and I think that they're a good idea.  And I don't care if I'm the only one to think so.

(Okay, I care.  Otherwise I wouldn't write a post defending the idea.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.