Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Opt Out

I was stalling. I had some writing to do, but I didn't want to get to it. So, I was looking at news stories that interested me. That's where I found this.

Credit card offers annoy me. I'm not going to get another one. I'm in enough trouble as it is. And with each offer I have to open it so that I can shred it because I don't want to tempt identity thieves.

It's a waste of my time. It's a waste of paper.

Why don't they tell you that you can opt out? Or did they tell me before and I just wasn't paying attention (I was so paying attention when they told me that I could opt out of telemarketing calls).

That is my public service for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.