Monday, April 14, 2008

Rant

I don't get it. Do they think I'm stupid?

Today (and the rest of this week) I covered a computer class. Business. They're supposed to be working on their typing. If they can type, then they work on learning the various software programs. There's plenty to do.

They are not supposed to be playing on the Internet.

It's not like the screens are similar. I can tell at a glance what is schoolwork-related and what is not. Yet, many of them kept going onto the web instead of doing their work.

I guess that's the nature of the business. There's a sub, so why do work?

But this is the continuation high school. They get to buy out on Friday, but only if they are productive this week. I already have a list of about a dozen students who won't be buying out this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.