Tuesday, February 5, 2008

My Vote

I got home from work to find two messages on the answering machine. Both political. Both for the same candidate. Yesterday I got two as well. And that just ticks me off.

I've been dutifully throwing out all the election fliers. I don't read them. I especially don't read the ones that have lots of positions on different propositions. Things that say "Voter's Guide" go into the trash fast.

DON'T TELL ME HOW TO CAST MY VOTE!

Sorry. Didn't mean to yell.

I will make up my own mind. I will vote the way I wish to vote (or not vote). I will not be dictated to.

So, basically, all political persuasion is lost on me. It only angers me. It may even convince me to vote against.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.