Thursday, February 21, 2008

Duplicates

Today I was in an 8th grade U.S. history class. The assignment was to read through a section in their textbook aloud, and to make my life easier, the teacher had name cards (each student's name is on an index card so I could randomly pick the next reader).

"Brittany."

"Which one?"

I didn't think anything of it. I provided the last name. So, when the second Brittney came up, I automatically used her last name. But when I found a third Brittny, I started to wonder. There were four Brittanies (different spellings but the same pronunciation)...in one class!!!

I know, I've noted this sort of thing before. And duplicate names happen. Often. But four? That's unusual.

Though, Jasmine is a pretty popular name, too.

2 comments:

  1. It's interesting what a difference 10 years can make. I bet you don't get nearly as many Britanie's now as you did then. Stopping by from the 2024 A to Z challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, Brittany isn't the name anymore. For a couple years it was Abigail (I had three of those in one class one day). Today it's more like Sofia.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.