Thursday, February 21, 2008

Duplicates

Today I was in an 8th grade U.S. history class. The assignment was to read through a section in their textbook aloud, and to make my life easier, the teacher had name cards (each student's name is on an index card so I could randomly pick the next reader).

"Brittany."

"Which one?"

I didn't think anything of it. I provided the last name. So, when the second Brittney came up, I automatically used her last name. But when I found a third Brittny, I started to wonder. There were four Brittanies (different spellings but the same pronunciation)...in one class!!!

I know, I've noted this sort of thing before. And duplicate names happen. Often. But four? That's unusual.

Though, Jasmine is a pretty popular name, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.