Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Denied

I so dream for these days. I hope. I scheme. I look for them every day. And then it happens.

6th period prep!!!

I am a sub. I don't need to prepare. So, when I cover for a teacher who has 6th period prep, I get to go home early (while getting paid for the full day).

I saw that two teachers were not covered today, but the secretary had covered their 6th periods with other subs. I was going to get an early day. Yeah!

I got through my day (8th grade science). I packed my stuff. I left my note. Then after the bell (6th period had started) I headed for the office. The secretary was getting out my time sheet, and I was just about home free when...

The secretary got a call over her radio. The cheer squad was missing its sub. Apparently there had been a mix up. The person who was supposed to cover that didn't show or wasn't told and was now busy. The secretary looked up at me...

Grrr!

On the bright side--at least I got an extra period's pay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.