Tuesday, February 19, 2008

It's a Damn Lie

I was covering a high school biology class today. I overheard the following:

"They say that blood is blue in your veins because it hasn't touched the air. But when they draw it out into that tube, it isn't touching the air, yet it comes out red. Blood is never blue. I don't believe it. It's a damn lie!"

On the one hand, at least the topic was biology related. The problem (besides the obvious)? Today's assignment covered ecology and biodiversity.

Sigh. Freshmen. I guess it could have been worse. She could have been a senior.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.