Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Assume the Position

Head bowed. Hands under desk or in backpack/bag/purse/pocket. Fingers twitching. And usually something large on the desk. These are the telltale signs--a student is text messaging.

It's pretty obvious. I can spot one in seconds. Yet, they either deny that they have it or they question how I could possibly see it.

I guess they think they're being sneaky. Or they think I'm an idiot. Whatever. Cell phone use is rampant, probably because it's forbidden.

The girl this morning thought I had magical powers. "How did you know?" Oh please. It's easy to spot--when I'm looking, that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.