I am writing this post on Sunday afternoon. Last night, I had gotten to this point in the experiment...
|This is upside down and inside out.|
...when I realized that I'm not happy with it. I've been pushing through for a day or two, but last night I owned up to how much I'm forcing this. So, I'm going to frog it.
Well, not the whole thing...
I'm just going to frog it back to where I started the decreases.
The plan is to rip back past where the "seams" start. It's hard to tell in the image, but they're really rather a mess.
If I had done more planning, I might have figured out a way to knit that neater. This is why I don't design on the needles too much. I end up with things like this.
Anyway, by the time you read this, that seam will be gone (or very nearly--it might take me a day or two to prep the frogging).
I'm not a fan of grafting, but I think that will make this whole thing work better. And it'll give me another out if I happen to lose at this round of yarn chicken. (I've made a contingency plan.)
Hopefully, the yarn I ordered for niece's birthday present (she finally told me what she wanted, and it's not in a color or fiber I have on hand) will have arrived, and I'll have pretty pictures of a tank top to show you.