Monday, November 21, 2016

Jellyfish Assembly Line

Just when I thought I was done with the jellyfish...

You remember the jellyfish, right?


I finished this guy in June. (The design is by a very talented crocheter who blogs at One Dog Woof. Via her Instagram feed, I see she's come up with a humpback whale pattern. The pattern for this jellyfish is here.) I made a couple others...


And last week I mentioned that I was making some more (custom order). I finally got them finished (and delivered!):


Although, I had a bit of an issue photographing them. They need to hang to be appreciated, and it's kind of hard to hold something up and take a picture of it. (And no, I'm not selfie-ing them.) As you can see from the pic above, I used a hanger and some clothespins.

I attempted to photograph them inside, but lighting...


Then, finally, I just laid them down on my favorite photographing rock...


I guess these pictures turned out OK. I get to try again later. I got an order for three more...

(And I'm continuing to take orders, so if you want one, let me know.)

29 comments:

  1. They all look so cute and colorful!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liz - not my scene ... but can see they'd amuse many - and great you've got whales now to get your crochet buds going happily to Christmas ... lovely colours ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are SO cute, and I'm betting the pictures don't do them justice, but I think they're fabulous either way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look great on the rock! (Also, I love that you have a favorite photographing rock) I really love the different colors you use on some of their tendrils. It gives a nice contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, they do need to be seen in all their glory. They're really flying off your shelves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are. By people who have seen them in person.

      Delete
  6. If I ever get my hat done...and the afghan that was supposed to be a Christmas gift for my son three years ago...I may make some of these. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are fairly quick. I could probably finish one in a day if I sat down and just worked on it. But a hat shouldn't take too long either... Well, sometimes other things are more important than crochet.

      Delete
  7. Those are so cute. Makes me want to be able to crochet so I can make them. Bet I could make it work for knitting though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Personally, I think crochet is easier for shaped things. But yeah, there's probably a way to knit it.

      Delete
  8. I love the green one in the second image. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Psst. I still have it. And am willing to part with it if you want to buy it.

      Delete
  9. So cute. I love the colors. I can see why you’ve had so many orders. I peeked at the humpback whale pattern, too. Also adorable. Are you going to give that one a try as well?

    VR Barkowski

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are cute! Such a variety of colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are great! Love the colour combos and congrats on the sales

    ReplyDelete
  12. Replies
    1. I didn't choose the colors. Those were requested.

      Delete
  13. Very cute! I need a photography rock in my life. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Depending on where you live, that could be very easy to set up.

      Delete
  14. They're very cute. I like the last picture the best. It looks like they're kicking back and soaking up some rays!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the image of them hanging on the rock. I bet the whale pattern is super cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you click on the link, it'll take you to a picture of it. She's a really talented designer.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.