Carrie at Chasing Revery was nice enough to think of me. Thanks, I think.
The rules have changed since the last time. Now I'm supposed to share 11 facts about myself and answer 11 questions. (And award 11 other blogs and ask them 11 of my own questions.)
First up--random facts:
- My birthday was yesterday. (Although lately I've taken to scheduling posts ahead, so I'm writing this before my birthday. But when you read this it'll be after.)
- It used to be a not very notable day. Then this Rowling person wrote this book about a boy wizard, and...
- I am a fan of Harry Potter. What's not to love? Wizards. Magic. It's a great fantasy series.
- I ended up staying up all night reading the 7th book. Which was a birthday present which I got a week or so early.
- And it was an excuse to go to the movies. I don't do much of that anymore. It has to be a movie that I want to see, and even then I might just wait for TV.
- I like to knit while I watch TV. I've heard it referred to as physical white noise. I've gotten to the point where I need to be doing something with my hands while I'm watching TV or I go a little nutty.
- This is why I'm not keen to go to the movies. It's hard to knit in the dark. And unless I'm riveted to the screen, my hands get itchy. There's only so many snacks one can eat.
- Yes, I know I have a problem. But my problem (sometimes) produces useful stuff. Or at least Christmas presents.
- As of right now, I have two of my Christmas presents completed for this year.
- Christmas always falls on the same day of the week as my birthday. So, this year Christmas will fall on a Tuesday.
- I'm terrible at these facts things. They seem to go better when I have a theme of some sort.
Then, here are Carrie's questions:
1) What is your favorite movie from the 1950's or before?
I can't pick a favorite movie. Can't. Do. It. I could pick my favorite Fred Astaire/Ginger Rogers (it changes from year to year, but at the moment it would be Swing Time), my favorite screwball comedy (My Man Godfrey), or my favorite postwar coming home type movie (Apartment for Peggy). But that doesn't even begin to scratch the surface.
2) Which band do you most wish would come back after 'disappearing' or retiring?
My music listening happens only when I'm in my car, and I only listen to the FM radio. Bands disappear? Yeah, haven't noticed.
3) What is your favorite book that you don't think many people would know?
I don't think anyone would not know any of my favorites. Anne McCaffrey. Terry Pratchett. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. While I don't mind reading obscure books, I don't remember any as having been favorites.
4) What song is stuck in your head right now? (Because you know I just put one there - sorry.)
Actually, you didn't. See question #2.
5) How many animals do you have? How many do you wish you had?
At the moment: 1 cat. I say "at the moment", because said cat is going home to her first family in a week or so. This is a long story having to do with mothers (not mine), heart attacks, and moving. Don't ask.
6) What is your favorite type of cookie?
Chocolate chocolate chip.
7) What place do you never want to go back to because it's so perfect in your mind you don't want to ruin it?
I don't have one of those. Every place that I liked I would love to see again.
8) How many paces from your computer place to the fridge?
I have to walk out of my room, down the hall, down the stairs, through the living room, past the dining area, and into the kitchen. Yeah, I'm not going to count.
9) Did you actually have to count, or did you already know?
10) How old were you when you no longer believed in Santa Claus?
Don't know, but I was in elementary school.
11)Did someone spill the beans or did you figure it out on your own?
I figured it out. Sorry, no interesting story to go with it.
Since I tend to get these things last (I'm the place where chain emails go to die), I'm going to skip the awarding part. If you haven't been tagged, consider yourself "it".