Friday, July 8, 2011

People Will Talk

While trolling for movies to watch, I noticed People Will Talk on the Fox Movie Channel schedule. When I saw it, I had to smile. I didn't set it to record as I've seen it many times before, but if it happens to be on when I have time to sit and watch, I will. It'll suck me right in as it always does.

I'm not sure what it is. There's the bit where Deborah (Jeanne Crain) is crying because while watching Noah (Cary Grant) play with a train set, she realizes that he's really eight-years-old. There's the scene where Noah explains that he once got run out of a town because the townspeople learned that he was an actual MD (and not a quack). Or maybe it's that Noah conducts an orchestra made up of medical students (at a medical college).

The movie can be a bit preachy at times, but I don't mind all that much. It came out in 1951, yet it doesn't go where I'd expect a movie of that era to go with the topic (an unwed mother). And it gets the concept of double jeopardy right (as far as what I understand, but I'm not a lawyer).

Have you seen People Will Talk? Do you ever watch old movies?

1 comment:

  1. I watch old movies every once in a while. Favorites include Hitchcock movies, anything really with Jimmy Stewart in it, Charade, Arsenic and Old Lace, of course I love Gone With The Wind (and anything with Vivien Leigh in it)... oh and musicals like the Sound of Music and the King and I with Deborah Kerr and Yul Brinner.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.