Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A Quick Question

I used to have a MySpace account.  I started my blog there.  But after I had a few too many technical difficulties, I moved the blog here.  I have since closed the MySpace account.  I hate to lose all of my blogs from that time, so from time to time I'm going to repost them here. 

This one was originally posted on June 19, 2006. 

Today I covered an 11th grade US History class.  The lesson plan was a video all about the 1990's.  It took various aspects of the '90's and found connections to earlier times.  


Okay, there was this bit about pop culture and they were talking to members of the Rolling Stones.  In the background "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" was playing.  I was not watching the video (you only really need to "see" the thing once); I was watching the class.  And during the song I looked up to see a few students singing along.  


11th graders--most of them were born in 1989.  


So, I wonder whether I'm troubled by this or whether I'm impressed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.