Thursday, April 1, 2010

How to Burn Out on a Song After Just One Hour

Remember my Tuesday assignment? It's come back to haunt me.

4th period was the boys choir. There were six students (all present). Of the six, one hadn't brought his CD (since they didn't know they'd be doing group work, I couldn't fault him), one managed to duck my question, and one didn't care if he did the assignment or not (he didn't think that he could get an "F" in choir).

The remaining three did work on their song. All period.

Why am I bringing this up now? Last night, I dreamed of that song. And it frightened me.

I tried to purge that song from my memory. Fifth and sixth periods helped. They had other songs to focus on. But whereas they had many working on different songs, the boys only played that one song. For about an hour. Over and over again.

I had never heard the song before. Now, I hope to never hear it again.

I just spent the last ten minutes searching for the song I'm talking about. Not having heard who it was by or the full song title, I had to make certain guesses. But I managed to find it.

Here is a link to the song.

By the end of the period, the boys were even a little sick of the chorus. But I bet they didn't wake up humming the thing (then again, maybe they did).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.