Thursday, July 8, 2021

A Random 13


1. It's going to be one of those stream-of-consciousness lists today. I attempted to come up with a theme of some sort (top contender: movies I can watch over and over again), but doing that planning ended up being too much work. Perhaps I'll attempt it another week. Maybe not.

2. I've been bored. It's not like I don't have projects to work on. I pushed many of them to when I'd have time over the summer. But wide-open days make me feel anxious, so little actually gets done.

3. We've been fighting with the internet. There was an outage. But, alas, that outage knocked out our box. The guy came and replaced the box, but in the process took the company's router, which led to all sorts of issues connecting to the TV. (We had an older router too. We kept the older one.) For days it was hit or miss with the internet connecting to the TV, which sucks when you've "cut the cord" and are just streaming. It appears to be fixed now, but I'm whispering this because I don't want to have another issue.

4. I also took my car in to have some maintenance work done. It was gone for eight days. Apparently, there were issues getting parts. Well, that, and the place was super busy. And my car is rather old. 

5. It seems like I'm only watching witch shows on TV. Motherland: Fort Salem started back up as well as A Discovery of Witches. And, of course there's The Good Witch, too. I've been sort of hate-watching The Magicians on Netflix (I missed starting it when it began on SyFy.) A sense a theme.

6. Although, I am also watching Renovation Island on HGTV and Making It on NBC, so it's not all magic all the time.

7. Does anyone have a good show to recommend? It's getting to that point in the year when I'm scrambling for something to keep me entertained in the evening. 

8. I've been walking my landlady's dog, Buttercup. Buttercup does not like to take walks. Once she gets going it's okay, but getting her going... 

9. Buttercup has a nemesis. Lucky. If those two dogs get within sniffing distance, the barking starts. They want to tear each other apart. 

10. Lucky is a little white dog. Now that we (me and Lucky's owner) know the dogs hate each other, we avoid each other when we catch sight of the other while out. (The other day I got close enough to ask the dog's name. Before, I was calling him Nemesis.) 

11. Walking the dog is a bit of a challenge with Lucky, the Canadian geese (they don't like us coming anywhere near them), and the ducks. The ducks actually went after Buttercup one time. (Guarding the chicks.) Although the Canadian geese should be leaving soon, and the ducks have calmed down since the chicks are no longer chicks. 

12. I think it may be time to knit myself a new purse. 

13. If I'm really thinking ahead, it is definitely time to start my Christmas knitting. I think last year's give-everyone-a-book didn't go over too well. (Although, I may do the book thing again. It was way easy for me.)

24 comments:

  1. WOW...lots of things cover here, lets see if I can touch base with some of it. I have been hitting the dollar stores for DVDs. I have only ran across two for like 3.95 each that I wished I had not bought! BAD....but I try to get titles I have not heard of before, or heard of but did not watch when they were out at the movies. On days that I don't want to do...ANYTHING, I plug in a movie. Sounds like you might need more PROJECTS! Come on out and I will teach you how to use some saws and build something, how to paint..etc. My thoughts on internet issues, they suck. When your internet is up and working great, life can be just fine, however when it is not, I just have to turn it off and walk away. Waiting on parts, that seems to be the after the worst of COVID phrase, we can't get the parts. I took over a year to rebuild a house down the street from me that the straight line winds took out (tree) right after the tornados. Could not get windows, could not get floors and of course the price of wood is crazy. Right now my saws are sitting still and not being used. I don't have streaming, I need to get but that is the unknown to me so I have yet to jump into it. I know, crazy thinking. Anyway, the second season of Discovery of Witches was streamed and just two weeks ago came to cable. I understand it is pretty much finished with season 2 and working on 3, but I am just now able to watch 2. I love Good Witch. ANIMALS!!! They have minds of their own and they know how to use them! Back during COVID and winter I thought when it got warmer Chey and I would start walking, lol....and I will leave that thought like that! Now...have you ever thought of a new hobbie? Beads? If you can't paint, they have these totally cool paint by number sets. Nothing like they were when I was a kid. They actually look like a master painter painted them. Maybe check one of those out? Have fun. Don't get bored. Find a challenge to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I have challenges. I just don't do them. Yeah, with Discovery of Witches, I didn't have the streaming, so now I'm watching it via whatever channel it's airing on.

      Delete
  2. I know what you mean about being bored, yet have plenty of projects to do. I just have no motivation to get back to the things I started years ago. I also know what you mean about dog walking! Mickey LOVES all other dogs, but he is big and unruly and bouncy and loud, so he looks mean when he lunges towards other dogs (he has classes starting on Saturday). I only watch old detective/murder mystery sort of shows on Hulu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll take recommendations. For some reason I seem to be on a spec fic thing when it comes to streaming, but I'll watch other things.

      Delete
  3. You're lucky it was only eight days. My father waited over two months for his car parts to come in earlier this year. After effects of the virus and shutdowns - shortage of parts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that exactly. It's a good garage, so I figure they know how to prod their suppliers to get parts.

      Delete
  4. I don't know how people couldn't love getting a book for Christmas. I don't have any shows to recommend. I've mostly been watching Let's Plays on YouTube.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm more of a movie than TV series gal. :) Sorry the car repairs took so long. Did your automotive insurance issue you a rental, by any chance? It wasn't a car accident, of course, but... Anyway, I hope your car is running great now. Be well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not ask. I waited until I was out of school and had nowhere to go before I took the car in, so I was just stranded.

      Delete
  6. I love stream of consciousness posts. :-) Thanks. That was a lovely read.

    Greetings from London.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that's a lot...

    Drew is showing me something called Evil. It's streaming on Paramount +

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome show. If you liked The Good Wife, it's the same creative team behind the scenes. Very creepy. I thought I heard there was going to be a season 2, but that was in the before times. It was on CBS.

      Delete
  8. That was a lot, and please don't say the word Christmas already or I'll start getting all stressed out. I'm no help with TV shows, I really don't watch much. I hope the problem is all fixed with your internet (don't worry, I whispered that). Have a great evening Liz. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you've had a lot going on. In response to #7, I've been watching Loki and WandaVision on the Disney channel and recommend them, if you like sci-fi/comic book shows. Good for you for getting prepared for Christmas already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of these days I'll check out Disney +. There's like a dozen shows I'll binge when that happens.

      Delete
  10. I’ve been watching Makeful with British Shows about portrait artists and pottery challenge and I am not that much into pottery. I also like the show called Restored where this Texan restores homes to how it should be. He takes away the paint off the beautiful wood and brings back How homes should be. I also found a show called Hot Mess House where this woman figures out what kind of clutterbug you are ( I’m a Butterfly) and helps the people get rid of their clutter and make the room work for their type of personality. We also love the show “Unforgotten”, a British show about a body found and trying to find who the killer is but the murder took place decades before. It’s excellent. I also am starting to go through the mountains of pictures my mom kept in boxes but I just began. The internet and TV issues sounds like a nightmare and I hope it gets fixed soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to see if I can find those shows. Thanks.

      Delete
  11. Don't you get free-to-air tv? Parts for anything are so much harder to come by these days. Covid has certainly had an impact!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My husband and I do not agree on a lot of TV, but we have both been enjoying Crime Scene Kitchen. (I like baking shows, anyway.) We're also still going through Handmaid's Tale and just finished Cruel Summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been hesitating on Handmaid's Tale. One of these days, maybe.

      Delete
  13. Did you watch Loki? Check that show.

    www.exclusivebeautydiary.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Disney +. I may have to break down and subscribe.

      Delete
  14. I have been watching a lot of sports nowadays. Tennis, cricket, football (soccer) ... and now Olympics is coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm just now watching Discovery of Witches Season 2 as well. Don't do much streaming as I have DSL and it is slooow. I loved the books, didn't warm too much to Season 1 but am enjoying Season 2.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.