Friday, March 12, 2021

The Wrong Test

It is once again testing time. I was a bit nervous as to how things would go, especially since I had been around for the fiasco six months ago. (See yesterday's post for more about that.) But things went surprisingly smoothly. 

Day one went off well. I had a couple issues of students getting stuck on the loading screen of doom, but from the last time, I knew that the solution was to reload the test for them. Annoying, but effective. 

Then Monday night I got an email from the assistant principal who's in charge of the testing. 

So as to not overburden any one department, they had three departments administer the testing. The English teachers administered the language test, the math teachers administered the math test, and the history teachers administered the reading test. But because the ninth graders take geography or health (each is a semester course), the health teachers were also administering the reading test. 

The email from the assistant principal was a forward from one of the health teachers. Mr. C had emailed Ms. A, but as she's on maternity leave, she's not checking her email. But Mr. C brilliantly cc'ed the assistant principal, and he knew to forward it to me. 

Mr. C gave his freshmen the wrong test. He gave them the language test. Oops. 

So, that meant I had to give the students he had already tested the reading test. 

It was only two students, and switching the test was actually pretty simple. I doubt the class really caught that two of them were taking a different test. 

Minor problems. It was so nice to have a testing go on with only minor problems.

21 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yup. (Tells you how little I had to write about last week.)

      Delete
  2. Always nice when things go at least somewhat smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In comparison to everything else you and your students have been through this pandemic year, this must have been (almost) an "oh, easy for a change!" moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nice that the testing went well. I needed that.

      Delete
  4. Did the students not realise they were doing the wrong test? Aren't they given a schedule so they know what they are walking in to?But good to hear it was easily solved without drama.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These times are such a trial. I'm glad this got sorted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a minor irritation in the grand scheme of things.

      Delete
  6. Sound like a state or federal test.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  7. For once things turned out OK. That's usually a surprise when it happens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I was expecting much more trouble than I ended up having.

      Delete
  8. You deal with enough that having a test go that smooth is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Egads. Sounds confusing to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes more sense when you're doing the tests. It's hard to explain.

      Delete
  10. These hiccups are worse when it's remote. Glad it got sorted out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is good that was only two students who get wrong test. This new situation with online learning and tests is very interesting.

    New Post - https://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2021/03/filorga-time-filler-night-cream.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. The joy of challenges, and them being resolved. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.