Thursday, December 24, 2020

Christmas Lights 13

As I have mentioned before, my roommate Luisa and I take walks. With Christmas approaching, we decided to take a couple of our walks near to sunset so we could enjoy the lit up houses. 

One of those walks was nearby. The other required a short drive. I took pictures.

So, today for Thursday 13 (I learned about this meme via Barefoot Susie) I thought I'd share some of those photos with you. In no particular order: 

1. 

Yes, these are palm trees. 

2.  

The tree on the left side does this great light show.

3. 

The Minions are back. (Remember them from the spring? The homeowners had put them away for a while, but now they're back.) 

I got a shot of them in daylight, too.

4. 
Yes, taken during the day. Another decorated palm.

5. 
Because it isn't Christmas without. . . unicorns?

6. 
The reindeer is wearing a mask. Can you see it?

Here, let me give you a closer look (and in daylight).

7. 
It's like a magical lit-up fairy walkway.

8. 
Just a few lights. Subtle, really.

9.
If you've got a tall palm, might as well flaunt it.

10. 
They really went all out. This display also had music. 

This is just below the above image. Those bushes were in these boot thingies.

11. 
Nice and lit up.

12. 
This palm has red lights.

13. 
Several houses along the canals. 

And I still have more pictures, but this'll do. It hasn't been too cold, so walking along in the early evening (5-6ish) has been rather pleasant. I hope you've found nice lights where you are.

And remember. . . 

It's all fun and games until someone roasts your chestnuts.
It's all fun and games until someone roasts your chestnuts.

10 comments:

  1. They are all so pretty although the unicorns are a little weird for Christmas. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I like the unicorns. ;P Thank you for sharing some holiday cheer. And Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the decorated palm trees, especially that hugely tall one with the lights going most of the way up. Someone was dedicated and not afraid of heights.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute! I like how we who don't live by pine trees can decorate palm trees and here cacti :) I always enjoyed when we lived in San Diego and we had the other corgi to take a walk around the marina and see the decorated boats :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, cactus decor. I hadn't thought of that, but of course it's obvious.

      Delete
  5. Christmas lights are always pretty (but for some of them their electricity bill must be huge!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...so colorful. I don't see a lot of light like that in my country.
    I really like number 7.

    Merry Christmas to you.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.