Last time, I spoke too soon...
When I told my father all about my bed issues (see the above link), he interrupted my telling with, "Duct tape". Why didn't I think of that?
Where we left off, I had put my bed back together, and it was all good. It was all good? Nope.
Shortly after writing that blog post, I heard another thunk. Again from the bottom of the bed.
So, nine o'clock at night, I stripped my bed, flipped up the mattress, box spring, et al, and retightened the brackets. But this time I added duct tape to both sides, just to make sure.
That seemed to hold it. Although, I've been rather careful. The bed was not quite feeling secure.
I would have checked everything again last weekend, but I spent the entire holiday weekend in bed with a cold. I didn't have the energy to do anything more.
But this past Saturday, I couldn't hold out any longer. I needed to make sure everything was holding.
So, back to taking everything apart. I'm getting rather good at this, sadly. And just as I did this...
Yup, one of the new brackets failed. But, the duct tape held!
Well, if duct tape is the solution...
...I'm going to put a whole lot of duct tape on. Because I'm so done worrying about my bed falling apart again.
This seems to be working. It feels secure for the first time since this whole drama began. So, I'm tentatively optimistic.
I promise to have some new knitting projects soon. With the cold, I haven't been doing much knitting or taking of pictures. Because I have a new walking purse to show off. I just haven't had the energy to photograph it.