I finally broke down and did it. I bought a light box.
I'd been making do with something I'd constructed out of poster board for almost a year now. Initially I wanted to see if it would help with lighting. It did. But it was flimsy, so I spent half my photographing time holding it up.
I bought it about a month ago. I only just got around to setting it up and trying it out.
I figured I might as well take pictures of the second walking purse...
I'm rather pleased with how these came out. And I'm quite happy that all I had to do was set up the light box and not worry about the whole thing toppling over as I shot.
This is my second attempt at this purse. (If you want to know why this is a walking purse, the explanation is here.) I made a few modifications. Mainly, I changed out the border...
I have not lined it yet. As I finished the putting together of it just before the cold hit, I'll blame illness (although "just" before is rather stretching things).
I plan to write up the pattern at some point. I'll add it to my ever growing list of published patterns.
The bead that I'm using as a button rather looks like a soap bubble...
I'm rather pleased with the purse. And the light box. I still have a ways to go before I feel comfortable with it, but it feels way more comfortable than how I felt when I got the new camera. So, progress.