Monday, September 11, 2017

On the Hook this Week

I am continuing to redo my pictures, but this past week I actually got some projects in as well.

I found this pin on Pinterest, so I had to try it. I'm just swatching at the moment, using yarn I already have. And I'm not quite finished yet. But so far...


It got quite large fairly quickly.

Last week I had said I wasn't sure if I was going to list the unicorn gift card holder or not. (A couple links: first, the post where I talked about making it. Second, the actual pattern via the pattern designer, One Dog Woof.) Well, I did. List it. On Etsy.

And it sold about six hours later.

Right, then. This means I should probably make another. By Saturday night, I had...


...finished. I stopped here Friday night as this is the point when the face gets embroidered on. So, I embroidered the face...


...and... There was something wrong. He looks angry, doesn't he? I was going off the picture I had of the last one I did. But still. So, I ripped out the eyes and tried again...


Better? At least he doesn't look angry any longer. Satisfied, finally, I finished up the head...


I then managed to finish the arms, but I still have feet and a horn to do. And then assembly. So, not quite done yet.

(I have not forgotten what today is the anniversary of. I don't have anything to add to the conversation, so I'm staying out of it. Although, if you'd like to feel old... It happened before this year's sophomores were born.)

36 comments:

  1. He's coming together.
    The first one looks quite festive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It definitely looks friendlier with the new eyes. You really crank those things out quickly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not a long project, really. Just kinda fiddly.

      Delete
  3. I think he looks cute. Adorable for a child! Makes me think of that movie – Despicable Me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to get a little glimpse of your work in progress there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heh, on the hook. It's cool to see your unicorn-to-be. Add a couple of black spots and he could be a cow :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am often thoughtful of the fact that 9-11 happened when my grandkids were too small to know what was going on! Like seeing your work in progress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And talk to kiddos now, and they don't really know. Kinda scary, that.

      Delete
  7. The eyes do look a lot more friendly the 2nd time lol I meant to ask, how much do you sell him for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I might buy one eventually <3

      Delete
    2. When you're ready, just let me know. If I don't have one in stock, I'll make one for you :)

      Delete
  8. You have a lot of patience! I would have loved to sell my stuff when I was in college (I did do a minor amount of crocheting things to order, but I am not an entrepreneur). I'll just be a cheerleader. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The patterns of both of these items are online, so if you like them you can make your own ;)

      Delete
  9. HAHA....everything makes me feel old these days! Yep, my oldest grandson was about to turn a yr old when 9/11 took place. Time marches on for sure. Cool deal on the fast sale. That is awesome. I have been busy on some crafts lately and sitting at my brothers from Sat. till this Friday I should be able to get more done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oops...meant to tell you that i looked up the cat things you were telling me about. That is cool. She has her perch that she loves and she has something high to sit on when on the deck. But that is cool

    ReplyDelete
  11. That was great that the unicorn gift card holder did well on your eSTY account!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah, the eyes were a little off - funny how such a small detail really changes things. And yes, this guy needs a horn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I'm glad I caught it when I did, though.

      Yeah, well the horn got made Sunday night (too late to include in the post).

      Delete
  13. I will look forward to seeing the finished product on both. I knew the unicorn would sell

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay for the sale on your unicorn item! Unicorns are quite popular nowadays.

    I like seeing the pictures tracking your progress.Glad you were able to "revise."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to do more pics of things in progress on my Instagram. When I remember to take pictures.

      Delete
  15. I like your circle. Gonna steal some of those stitches

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check out the link. You can make your very own poncho if you have the inkling to.

      Delete
  16. That's great you sold it so fast. I'm slowly populating my Etsy shop and have had a couple of sales already. Totally stoked me because I didn't expect it to happen so soon. Now, to figure out how to keep it going.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  18. He definitely looks less angry. It's like the pre and post caffeine versions.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.