Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Predicting Movies


At the heart of much speculative fiction (and fiction in general) is a question. What if? On Tuesdays I like to throw one out there and see what you make of it. Do with it as you please. If a for-instance is not specified, feel free to interpret that instance as you wish. And if you find this becomes a novel-length answer, I'd appreciate a thank you in the acknowledgements ;)

This is one of those random thoughts I have from time to time. But first, have you heard of Nostradamus? He was famous for a book of prophecies that was published in 1555. There has been much debate about whether he did predict various world events or not. That's not what my question is about.

First, let's suppose that Nostradamus was a prophet and he could see the future...

What if the visions Nostradamus had of the future were exclusively of our movies?

12 comments:

  1. Now that is an interesting question. It might explain some of the plots of our movies :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trying to fool a guy who died hundreds of years ago?

      Delete
  2. Time travel? Giant robots? Good question.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He would have been a lot less famous, for sure! I'm guessing he would have predicted a LOT of superhero movies for this particular decade, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my! All the sci fi? Or the dinosaur erotica....ahhhh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder if he thought the 3rd anti Christ was actually 50 Shades of Grey? It would be interesting if he saw the films and not "true" life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha, I had to laugh at Brigit's comment. I think he would've thought 50 shades the end of our days as we know them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or maybe he enjoyed that vision a little too much?

      Delete
  7. That would explain so much about prophecies. It also sounds like a hilarious story of some sort.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel sorry for him if he had visions of what's in Tim Burton's head or even Stanley Kubrick!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.