Monday, February 13, 2012

Not Campaigning

It is again time for Rachael Harrie's Platform-Building Campaign. Last week I mused about whether I'd be joining in this time or not. On Saturday I had just about made up my mind to do it, and then I checked the List of Campaigners.

As of right now, there are 66 people signed up in the fantasy group. Sixty-six! When I saw that number, I knew I was going to have to give it a pass this time.

I have over 200 blogs that I already follow. More than one hundred of those I never really look at. I mean to, but there are so many of them. I organize and reorganize my Google Reader, but I still can't get on top of it. And I just know that if I add 66 more blogs (well, several of those I already follow, but still...), I'll never find a way to catch up.

Instead, while you are all Campaigning, I'm going to make a concerted effort to tame my Google Reader. I started, and I found that some bloggers have kind of abandoned their blogs. The plan is to pare things down by eliminating some. Then I can spend more time reading and commenting on the others.

Those of you who are Campaigning, good luck. I'll enjoy reading all about it from the sidelines. And maybe next time I'll have my act together so I can join in.

3 comments:

  1. I was daunted by the size of the groups, too. I'm just glad the dystopian group was much smaller than the YA one. Too bad you're not joining in, though. There's always next time :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.