Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Freaky Weather

It's been another one of those days, so instead of boring you with it, I'm reposting this old one from March  27, 2007.  

This morning when I got out of my car the sun was out and the sky was blue. It did not look like rain. But something told me to take my umbrella anyway.

At the beginning of 5th period the sky was still blue, though the wind was blowing and clouds were rolling in. The white, fluffy clouds turned into bigger clouds, and those clouds eventually turned into dark, ominous clouds. Then it was time for lunch.

Things were just threatening for the first few minutes, but then the wind kicked up (even more, which didn't seem possible) and the rain started. And by "rain" I mean a pounding of water on the unsuspecting students who were all outside by this time.

It rained for 15, maybe 20 minutes. The wind practically tore my umbrella apart. I got quite wet, and I was outside for less than 5 minutes.

At the warning bell, I opened the classroom door. This is when it stopped raining. Everybody came into sixth period wet and dumbfounded. Apparently a tree near the soccer field had been blown over.

So, all during sixth period I watched the clouds blow away. The sun came out. By the time it was time to leave, there were white, fluffy clouds in the sky. The pavement was even mostly dry. Weird.

We're having another freaky weather week. Yesterday it was cold and rainy. Tomorrow it's supposed to get into the upper 70s. This has been one bizarre "winter". 

1 comment:

  1. It's strange how fast the weather can change in just a short time--seems like the saying "Wait five minutes and it will change" applies everywhere.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.