Monday, September 27, 2010

Random Mistakes

There are days when I shouldn't be allowed to knit.  Yesterday was one of them.

Maybe it was the heat.  It was such a mild summer that the sudden warm up rattled my brains (although, I had the air conditioning on all day).  Or maybe I was just having a stupid day.

I'm knitting two scarves.  Lately, I discovered that it's a good idea to have two scarves going at the same time.  When one gets so annoying that I want to chuck it through a window, I can put it down and work on the other one.  So, yesterday I started with this lacy number...

sparkly scarf

Things were going great for a while.  This scarf is one where I have to constantly count to remember where I am in the pattern.  Then I got to the end of one row where I should have had three stitches, and I had four.

I tried counting back to figure out where I had made my error, but I couldn't find it.  I had to rip out the whole row and try again.  Luckily, the second time it came out.  I figured after that, it was time to put down the scarf and work on the other one...

scarf

This one doesn't need me to be so careful with the counting.  But I got to the end of one of those center diamonds to find that the numbers didn't come out right.  I should have had eight stitches, but I had only seven.  I had to rip out the whole diamond and start again.

It was time to put away the knitting after that.

At least I finally finished the dinosaur sweater.  It took me a few days to get around to photographing it, but here it is...

steggie front

And this is a back view (so you can see the hood)...

steggie back

Cute, isn't it?  Now I can't wait for December.  Hopefully, the weather will have cooled off by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.