So, yeah, it's now become a thing.
In 2023 during the summer, I was bored and looking for topics for Thursday 13, and I thought to mine my phone for the various memes I had saved. When summer 2024 came around I realized I had 13 more memes to share. I did it again last year. So, now it's an annual event.
(Now that I know it's an annual event, I'll be more careful to collect some more. I came up a little short, so the last couple are posters I found in classrooms that I snapped pictures of. Kinda meme-y. I hope you don't mind.)
| 1. I think I saw this on Bluesky, and now I can't find the creator to credit. I showed this to the art students in August as I thought it was something they should see. |
| 2. Same creator as #1. Very good education-type explanation. |
| 3. Also found on Bluesky. You can find the whole comic here. |
| 4. Vintage cartoon. |
| 5. |
| 6. |
| 7. I looked at this. And I looked at this. And then I remembered that that white thing is called a buoy. And then I couldn't stop laughing for five minutes. |
| 8. I love to watch the tracking of everything I order online. I feel this meme so hard. |
| 9. |
| 10. |
| 11. |
| 12. Found in a 12th grade government class. |
| 13. Found in a forensic science class. |

I like those, especially the ones about struggling to reach goals. It’s often not a straight line!
ReplyDeleteSome really great memes there
ReplyDeleteThese are great, shipping label created is my favorite!
ReplyDeleteI feel that one so hard.
DeleteLoved these. The dragon one is too true.
ReplyDeletethecontemplativecat here. #2 is mine.
ReplyDeleteYes, it's a way better descriptor.
Delete#2 and #3- oh yes. #4 - oh yes, that's what the adults in my life believed back in 1967. And that "your item has been shipped" and when you check on the status you see it's only the mailing label being created can be frustrating. And #11, I still don't know what happened. When I lived in Arkansas it had a D governor (Bill Clinton) and two D senators (Dale Bumpers and David Pryor) and the state was interested in bettering itself. I don't know why it made the hard right turn. I still don't understand.
ReplyDeleteVoter suppression. Probably.
DeleteThis is Birgit- these are great..love the 3 looks of people who follow the orange nut.
ReplyDeleteLately I've been saving memes of a particular political flavor.
DeleteI remember the first time I read some old articles about MLK and realized that white people popped corks and drank champaign when he died, that I cried. That was a long time ago, but it surprised me. It shouldn't have. But I was still young.
ReplyDeleteIt's fascinating how many people who would have hated him in life pretend they're more woke than they actually are.
Delete