Tuesday, November 15, 2022

We Make Great Pets?

What if? It's the basis of many stories. We ask. We ponder. We wonder.

On Tuesdays I throw one out there. What if? It may be speculative. It may stem from something I see. It may be something I pull from the news.

Make of it what you will. If a for instance is not specified, interpret that instance as you wish. And if the idea turns into a story, I'd appreciate a thank you in the acknowledgements 😉 

I am once again stealing an idea off Twitter, but as Twitter is getting iffy these days, here's a screenshot of the tweet: 

@NomeDaBarbarian  Concept: A sci-fi series where humans get to space, and find out wer'e adorable. There's a common domestic pseudo-primate species, beloved the galaxy over but rare and hard to keep, and we look like its pups. We can't go anywhere without people treating us like puppies.

What if we get out to space and meet the aliens (to us), but it turns out the others out there see us as adorable?

11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. That would be cool. But I foresee other problems.

      Delete
  2. They don’t take you seriously if you’re an adorable puppy. Face it, we love our dogs but we control all aspects of their lives. We make all the decisions for them. Part of me would love to be a pampered house cat, but part of me would be one bored and frustrated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the aliens would find out quite quickly how non-adorable we really are, and the human race would end up in a galactic shelter for unwanted pets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's making certain assumptions about the aliens. How do we know they wouldn't find our ways adorable? Perhaps they're really terrible (from our perspective) creatures.

      Delete
  4. As long as they don't hug me and squeeze me like the Abominable did to Daffy Duck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If those aliens treat us kindly and spoil us like most humans do with our fur babies, then purrrr.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.