Monday, May 2, 2022

It's All Downhill

I have officially passed the half way point of the Calash scarf/hood

It's all downhill from here.

Although, niece's birthday is in a little over a month. I have the yarn (it arrived Tuesday). I have swatched. I have measurements. I just did the math. I am ready to start. So, this scarf will be put aside until further notice. 

But I feel a sense of accomplishment that I have less than half the scarf to do. 

The hardest part of this scarf are the short rows. It's just a little bit of shaping where the top of the hood is: 

It's kind of subtle, so I wouldn't be surprised if you can't see it.

If you look at the top, the purple and light blue stripes meet with the dark blue not quite making it to that edge. It gives just a little more fabric at the top of the head. 

It'll make more sense when I sew up the edge after the whole thing is complete.

Which won't be happening until I have finished niece's birthday gift. Which I'll probably start on later today. 

But I'm more than halfway done with this, so when I pick it up again (whenever that is), it'll be closer to the end than the beginning. 

I feel okay putting this down now.

18 comments:

  1. Although, you don't always know it. In this case, the middle has a definite spot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't jinx yourself! Now you won't have the time to pick it back up for years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Halfway means a lot of work into it - can't not finish it now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'll finish it. I know that for sure. When is the question.

      Delete
  4. I feel the same way about my book. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and hope to have it completed in time for the mad Christmas rush. At least I HOPE there's a Christmas rush.
    GREAT JOB on the scarf!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can do it. I have faith. And thanks.

      Delete
  5. Well done on the scarf - always nice to know how much you've achieved ... all the best - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on being halfway there. Now on to your niece's birthday gift!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty colors on the scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have accomplished much with this pretty scarf. I will look forward to what you will knit for your niece plus see the finishing of this scarf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Next week I'll have something to show on niece's gift.

      Delete
  9. Congratulations on making it past the halfway point. You way be done with it by the time it gets cold again.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.